Friday, June 20, 2008

The 3 questions


This week I had my second interview with the Psi/Coach that the administration brought to the office to help us. She just went and explained my profile and how ppl see me. No big surprise there...on the good side they see me intelligent, competent, good with results, trustworthy, good leader...I might believe it. On the negative side they see me as explosive, not a team player, inaccessible...cry babies. We spend like 2 hours talking about strengths and weakness of my profile. She told me all the areas of grow I could have if I decide to give her a chance. That is a big IF because I like the way I am and I enjoy the reaction ppl have to me so if my co-workers cant deal with me that is their problem. The only thing I got out of that meeting was a little anger management exercise I want to try. She explained to me that when I feel anger I am actually dealing with three different emotions which are Pain, Fear and Frustration. So she told me I should try whenever I feel anger to ask myself: Why am I hurt? Why is this frustrating me? What do I fear from this? Since I am an analytical person that should bring me to a point where I can separate the emotions from the fact and I should be able to not explode on ppl and really resolve issues instead of just bury them. The fun will be to try to ask myself those questions before I reap a head off lol.

No comments: